The France Army Museum or the Military Museum is located in Les Invalides (built by order of Louis XIV for disabled wars). Located in the very center of Paris (cross the Seine from the Ferris wheel and go one block to the right) and is considered one of the best military history museums in France.
Les Invalides and Musée de l’Armée is a whole military-historical complex, actually consisting of several museums from different eras, permanent and changing thematic exhibitions. The Museum of the Army officially opened in 1905 as a result of the merger of the Museum of Artillery and the Museum of Army History.
The Museum of Artillery, founded in 1871, inherited in turn two of the most famous collections: the collection of movable property of the French crown (French: la collection du garde-meuble de la Couronne) and the collection of armor and weapons of the Princes of Condé (previously exhibited in the Château de Chantilly). Since 1852, the collection of the Artillery Museum has been settled in Les Invalides, constantly enriched by exhibits from the National Library, the Louvre, the Artillery Museum of Vincennes, the Paris Mint, the Pierrefonds castle collection, as well as through numerous private donations.
The Museum of the Army History was founded in 1896 by the La Sabretache company, whose president (artist Edouard Detail – French Edouard Detaille) dreamed of creating such a museum based on his own collection, taking the historical halls of the Paris World Exhibition of 1889 as a model.
– Army museum collection Guide